Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rocking Chair

So, after deciding to sand and paint the podium for the garden I wanted to try something different!  Not for the garden but for the inside of our home!  I bought an old rocking chair on clearance sale from a neat antique shop in Escondido.  I sanded it and used wood stain.  It was the first time I've ever used wood stain, so it is not perfect.

But I gave it to Oliver for Christmas and he loves it!  Santa even brought the chair pad for it!  


Before.

After.  



Things I want to remember for the next piece I work on:  

-Choose something with flat edges, so I can learn how to work with wood stain better.
-Always have a cloth handy to wipe excess stain.  In some places it looks like there is too much stain on the chair.
-Figure out how to control the drips.  Oliver's chair has some drips!
-Test a different type of stain next time.  This one is really shiny.  I like it, but I would like to see what other types are like!

I really like working on little projects like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment